It is currently August 28th, 2014, 6:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 what is a good all around mix for gamefowl??? 
Cockerel
Cockerel

Post what is a good all around mix for gamefowl???
Just wondering if anyone has a good all around maint feed mix they could share for gamefowl???

Thanks Rick

January 14th, 2010, 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

Post Re: what is a good all around mix for gamefowl???
Ur already pre mixed gamecock feed is the best clevland feeds has a pretty good feed mix its called redneck rooster Nuterna has a good feed i feed a 16% gamecock feed year around its called rowdy rooster made by circle m. Main thing with feed if theyll eat it ive feed alot of this high doller feed in the past with diff types of peas and pellets and theyd jus pick the corn sunflower seeds oats and wheat out and leave the rest. If you cant get a gamecock feed in ur area i use to buy 50lbs of 3 grain scratch 50 lbs of a good quality 21% dog feed, 25lbs of rabbit pellets, id mix about 25lbs of oats groats the 3 grain hen scratch has cracked corn sunflower seeds and wheat. In the winter time id add whole corn. To many ppl worry about feed I know a guy whos feeds nothin but scratch feed with a 21% protein all purpose pellets and a lil dog feed year around his fowl are healthy heads red shinny feathers nice bodys ive shown his fowl with good sucsess.

January 15th, 2010, 12:58 am
Profile E-mail

This is a very interesting topic, everyone seems to have their own way of feeding their fowl, would like to know myself a bit more about the different feed types and the reasoning behind their use

It would be useful to know more details about the different "feed blends" grain types, treats etc used as there are going to be different terminologies used by those from the USA and UK and Australia and Europe and Asia etc etc ...

Your input greatly appreciated, especially by those new to the Wonderful World of Chickens / Game Fowl ....

:ck :jmp :jmp :ck

January 15th, 2010, 9:24 am
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

thanks 4 the info southernoutlaw, i'll have 2 c what i can find here in Missouri....

Thanks Rick

January 15th, 2010, 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail

For mature fowl I feed the following:

15% Hog finisher mixed with oats, corn (in the winter), and either cottonseed meal or catfish food

doc

January 17th, 2010, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Cockerel
Cockerel

Id like to know to. Since June Ive mixed and tryed just about everything and cant say that My birds arent good I would just like to know a Good standard receipe. My roosters that are penned usually get a "rooster" blend that I then add split peas, lentils, and other things on occasion. My yard mutts get scratch and they all get whole corn in the winter but come warmer weather I'll start getting layer pellets and seeing about changing up a bit. Ive read that some people feed regular game bird feed all year long with no ill effects from the extra protein. Since Ive read that Ive been giving them a lil game feed everyday which should bring there protein intake to about 18-20 percent.

Anyways I need a good receipe :mrgreen:

January 18th, 2010, 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I run several mixes for different breeds, ages, and time of year, but here is a simple mixture I use as a general one for the sake of this thread.

1 part whole corn
1 part turkey grower
2 parts soaked whole oats
plus a dash of fishmeal, black oil sunflower seeds, and oyster shell

I'll keep my FREEDOM, my GUNS, my MONEY, my RELIGION, and you can keep the "CHANGE" ~ Hank Williams Jr.

January 18th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Cockerel
Cockerel

Hey cuda ^^ Thanks! Where do you get those whole oats from?

January 18th, 2010, 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I buy everything from the feed mill. My protein percentage comes out around 16% this way too btw.

I'll keep my FREEDOM, my GUNS, my MONEY, my RELIGION, and you can keep the "CHANGE" ~ Hank Williams Jr.

January 18th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Cockerel
Cockerel

My advice is to get one type feed mixture u like and u r fowl like and stick with it and dont change it much changing feed messes them up for awhile

January 18th, 2010, 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next