It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 4:14 pm

Spanish/Cuban late 80's 
Cockerel
Cockerel

Post Spanish/Cuban late 80's
I was about 4 with one of my dads ace 8 time winner. Came from a Spanish cock with a Cuban (4 telas) hen. The cuatro telas line was created by a man named Felix Giralt from a famed Chocolate Broodcock in Florida. My dad had alot of success with this line. Story my dad tells me is he ordered a couple of cuban hens and the breeders wife accidently sent one of thier main hens. My dad recieved a letter expaining to take care of the hen because she gave very good fowl. The cock in the pic is from this hen. My dad lost the line when he retired and sold or gave away all his fowl.

Attachments:
young.jpg
young.jpg [ 69.6 KiB | Viewed 1574 times ]
April 27th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

Post Re: Spanish/Cuban late 80's
Nice canello ,

bad luck with loosing the bloodline ,

but good luck for 8 times .

April 27th, 2012, 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Great picture and great story thank you for sharing. If you ever have the time to discuss and share your knowledge of what is a (4 telas) i would appreciate it. I have heard various versions of what are the 4 telas an have my own ideas too but would be great to hear what you have to say about them.

April 27th, 2012, 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Stag
Stag

:thumb :thumb But sorry to hear you guys lost the bloodline.

April 27th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

elviejosanto wrote:
Great picture and great story thank you for sharing. If you ever have the time to discuss and share your knowledge of what is a (4 telas) i would appreciate it. I have heard various versions of what are the 4 telas an have my own ideas too but would be great to hear what you have to say about them.

I actually did some quick research and found out the creator is Rene Valle not the other name i posted. He used a Chocolate cock from Gustavo Sanchez and put him over two dom hens therefore creating the "Cuatro Telas". Dont know much more only that my dad says they were his best birds.

April 27th, 2012, 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail

I agree with you that they are magnificence birds. Through out my years i have seen some very amazing specimens. I have heard similar stories of how they originated from the chocolate line that came from Cuba. The chocolate and mendietas are a few of the famous Cuban lines imported to the United States as well as in Latin America. Most of these birds arrived in Miami and the surrounding areas and spread outward from florida. I have heard the same as you that the cuatro telas were created from a chocolate cock over some dom hens, but with a twist to it that these hens at some point were infused with a small reza type asil very similar to an atkinson type asil. I am not sure how much of this story of being infused with asil blood is true, but it would make more sense according to the name cuatro telas. One thing that i know is true that most of the specimens from these lines i have encountered were truly amazing birds. There are also various other stories about them but this is the one that makes the most sense to me.

April 27th, 2012, 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

Rene Valle is the breeder of the so called "4 telas", indeed Rene asked his friend Gustavo Sanchez Sr. for the "Chocolate" cock (out of the Mendieta lines taken from Cuba to Miami by Gustavo Sr. on the verge of the coummunist revolution that took over the country.) to breed with his dom hens ( of unknown origin, some say they where american doms, some others say they came from Andy Hightower and had some asil inside ), and the 4 chicks out of this breeding where toe marked by René who never said or never knew for shure who was the mother of who....lol. This 4 "toe marqued" or " telas marqued" birds produced the most oustanding offsprings being fought in Miami and all around the Caribbean wipping the floor with everything that crossed their path. One remarkable offspring cock I remember was the " Rifle " out of which came a long list of top class fighters of the postiza.
Colonel Carlos Mendieta Montefur, was the premier Cuban breeder and sportman of the gamefowl during the first part of the 20th century, he was President of Cuba and renown for it´s white fowl, as a matter of fact he was somehow fixated with the white color around his clothing, his fowl, his cars, etc., it´s known that he imported spanish games out of the legendary spanish breeder Don Antonio Moreno Lobato, who among many white birds, sent a special pyle hennie named " María Andrea" out of which Mendieta obtained his best birds of all time, though small in size compared with most of the contenders, Mendieta´s birds where know to turn around out of the blue, matches that where from 100 to 1, so they were regarded as the most game and fierce birds on the Island. One particular pyle or white ( not shure) out of this Maria Andrea hennie sent from Spain, was showed on a particular match, and the outcome being of heart attack in favour of the pyle, so someone from the gallery screamed: This Cock is a real FINO ( game ), and someonelse responded: No this cock is not just FINO but three times FINO, hence the name: TRIFINO, given to the cock and his progenie, a fine breed of cuban fowl that has been carried on by carefull breeders over the time such as Mr. Edsel Bixler, from Mexico, Dr. Ricardo Pedraglio from Peru, out of which I obtained a great Trifino broodcock that is still in the breeding pens yelding very game and excelent offspring, my line of NEVADOS. Hope you liked the long story......lol
Regards.

Pablo E. Jerves
Jrvasil.
Cuenca-Ecuador

April 27th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Gracias mi buen amigo Pablo for the better more detailed version of the story. I highly enjoy talking about these things and comparing these great lines between themselves.

April 27th, 2012, 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

I know a breeder, who is a good friend of mine, who says he has "cuatro telas". but they are BBR in color. Is there cuatro telas with this color or is it a sign the line has been mixed with others to much? All my dads cuatro telas were dom colored. I might get one to breed over one of my brazilian hens which throws tall shamo looking fowl. Thinking i should get 4-4.3 pound birds.

April 28th, 2012, 1:32 am
Profile E-mail

A great read.
Loved the story Pablo.

Maybe someday Pablo, they'll tell stories about me and you.

April 28th, 2012, 7:21 am
Profile WWW