GUN CONTROL 
Know It All!
Know It All!

Post GUN CONTROL
Breathe ,
Relax,
Aim,
Squeeze.
4 basic steps, very difficult to shoot well with a POOR trigger ! Ruger 10/22 are reasonably inexpensive, and very reliable .22 (semi) automatics, but leaves a lot of room for improvements. Since changing the stock to Tapco's Interfuse M4 styled stock, to better accommodate my ATN Night Vision Scope, I've not really enjoyed shooting it all that much, because of its trigger. Horrible. Worst trigger on any rifle I've ever owned, or shoot, very heavy triggerpull, and terribly creepy. My Zero dark-thirty hours predator control system got a signifigent upgrade today, the replacement with a Volquartsen trigger assembly, while my brother rebuilds my trigger, replacing the hammer, sear, and parts required, etc. CRISP, CLEAN, TIGGER ADJUSTED To 3 LB.It is a joy to have a tool that doesn't compromises your craftmanship. SWEET !
I can't take his picture at 2:00 am, but I can take him down!

Attachments:
002.JPG
002.JPG [ 39.5 KiB | Viewed 727 times ]

July 2nd, 2011, 9:08 pm
Know It All!
Know It All!

Post Re: GUN CONTROL
Carr,Volquartsen very good choice. Like night and day, I have both a 10/22 and a mark 2 pistol. Both sport the same brand trigger system. Its like a must do,to get the most out of these guns.

July 3rd, 2011, 8:26 am
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Have you ever used the custom timney triggers ???

July 3rd, 2011, 8:30 am
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Yes Ive used them also. There good, They have alot of stuff on the market today. My rifles that I built in school all have Canjars but we were in Denver and had a special deal on them with the school. They were the top of the line in there day.

July 3rd, 2011, 8:56 am
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

No, I haven't, but I've seen EABCO feature the Timney trigger assembly. It's not as quickly "drop-in" as the Volquartsen, but I've dealt with E.A. Browwn Company since I was a kid. So know if they carry it it works. My introduction to the Ruger 10/22 was accidental, as my mother-in-law gave wanted me to have my father-in-laws rifle. I'd had it 5 years before I'd even acquired magazines, or shot it. Were it not for the night vision scope requiring zero eye relief and being clumsy on many other rifles, I'd would have set a 10/22 differently.
I have lost micro-motor skills and use in right hand, so I've not attemted, but finishing and honing of existing Ruger hammer and sear and dirt cheap shims will provide significant inprovements. After rebuilding the trigger with EABCO parts for about $55, the Timney assembley seems to be the next most economical fix at about $150. Volquartsen products are the highest quality, and goes from $200-$275. There are so many after market parts for a 10/22, it would be rather easy to build w/o any Ruger components. Ruger is foolish to not be the one selling parts, like a Scion xB, Tc, etc. I guess they don't need the sales?

July 3rd, 2011, 9:19 am
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

I like the timney triggers there the first thing that is put into a rifle of mine!
And your right bout the 10/22 Carr , I think I read some where it's the most customised gun in the world??

July 3rd, 2011, 9:36 am
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

I'm sure it would be a candidate due to it's simplicity and reliability. Because of it's intrinsic superiority, I've had to fight the urge to convert it to a .17 Mach II, but defending my birds generally 50 yard shots now. Were I the have a 10/22 DeLuxe El Supremo, I could build or buy a very accurate flattop top AR in .204 for varmit to coyote or something larger, for deer hunting as well.

July 3rd, 2011, 9:52 am
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Never had the .17 Mach 2 but I had a .17hmr and I regret ever selling it :cry: it was a awesome Rimfire! I had a 204 ruger and I hated it , try before you buy Carr :thumb , I settled for a 220/250 sps 700 a great all rounder!

July 3rd, 2011, 10:13 am
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

I love the .17 HMR, enjoy it's 3/4 inch groups and its flatness out to about 150 yds, see, engage, shoot. Which .204 did you have and with who's scope. The round is a sub-moa tack driver but would have to be with a platform cabable of delivering same. 22-250 is a great round, and better powder technology can produce good ballistics without high throat erosion of barrel, very commonly seen a generation ago. Either 70s or 700 s not bad bolt actions, out of the box, I'm fond of Savage acuracy, but most riles today shoot much better, Factory rifles can shoot sub-MOA groups with proper ammo, and handlods. I was a bolt action rifleman, 40 years ago, but semi-auto's shoot surprizingly well fore similiar prices as sub-zero MOA capable bolt actions. When the US military adapted the M16, I thoroughly despised the POS, and round. After twenty years and the H-bar barrel it was signifigantly improved. Although it's taken the present era to validate more broadly the limitations of the round. .223 is how ever a good varmit round.

July 3rd, 2011, 10:42 am
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Carr , It was a brand new ruger M77 hawkeye , stainless over synthetic , with a leoupold vx 2 it couldn't group for S**T!!!!!

July 3rd, 2011, 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail