It is currently December 18th, 2014, 11:38 pm

GUN CONTROL 
Know It All!
Know It All!

Post Re: GUN CONTROL
I honestly feel that your impression is of Ruger barrels, as there exists a substantial industry to correct this situation. I'm afraid you'd have the same experience if your 22-250 was a Ruger. I've always been rather fond of a Ruger Mini-14, except it's typical inaccuracy. My brother tells me it has been corrected, I don't know. It should have been as well thought out and built as so many of their revolvers, but I regrettably, have yet to see that potential approached. I've always highly held thr Ruger #1, but it's still a 2" at 100 yd rifle, dispite being super strong and rock solid receiver. The barrels don't seem to cut the mustard

July 3rd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

The best value for money rifle over my way at the moment would have to be the tikka t3 rifles, there accuracy is extremely good straight out of the box in any caliber!

July 3rd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

The #1 has a problem with acuracy due to the forend hanger. Once reworked it can shoot groups that would shock you. Ragged holes. Ive always been fond of the #1

July 3rd, 2011, 2:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Chick
Chick

you guys could be like me, I have 6 10/22's. I prefer a 22 mag over a 17hmr. 20 ga. works good because you can shoot just about anything, 223 for long range. but yet again if I hit anything with my 338 it wont be getting up!!

Thai, Aseel, American Gamefowl, Cubalaya, Non-Moulting Longtails, American Buff Geese, Blue and White Muscovey Ducks, Mandarin Ducks, Pearl and Lavender Guinea Fowl, India Blue Peafowl, Lady Amherst and Yellow Golden Pheasants, Wild Phase, Chocolate, and Tuxedo Coturnix Quail, Frillback and Indian Fantail Pigeons.

July 3rd, 2011, 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Bird boy I also favor the 22 mag over the 17hmr. I realy like those 22 velociters that CCI has for the std 22. We have about 15, 22 rifles, allot of rem and winchester single shots and clip guns. My boy is deadly with those velociters. Ive seen him shoot many coyotes and deer head shots at 80-100 yards with them. But he shoots all the time. We live very rural and all the farmers have given him the go ahead to shoot coyotes. So naturaly he carries both his 22 and 243 in the truck with him at all times.

July 3rd, 2011, 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

22 Mag is a good round with heavier bullet than the the 17, so better for body shots on Coyote, anything smaller than .243 not legal on deer here. 17 is a head shot only situation, not enough gun for coyote, But in all metrics used in ballistics, trajectory, drop, energy in ft/ls to wind drift, the 22 or 22 Mag has been eclipsed- a 17 HMR has more velocity at 100 yds than a 22 Mag at the barrel!prior to intro of 17HMR, there were only 4 perfect scores recorded in competitive shooting, since - they've stopped keeping up with the stat. After the 17HMR, I'm thinking about .223 or better

July 3rd, 2011, 6:57 pm
Chick
Chick

I know a 17 is faster and shoots flater but I grew up shooting 22, its what im used to. Carr, you cant go wrong with a ruger 223, its really accurate so you can shoot big game and also the heads off of birds and squirels.

Thai, Aseel, American Gamefowl, Cubalaya, Non-Moulting Longtails, American Buff Geese, Blue and White Muscovey Ducks, Mandarin Ducks, Pearl and Lavender Guinea Fowl, India Blue Peafowl, Lady Amherst and Yellow Golden Pheasants, Wild Phase, Chocolate, and Tuxedo Coturnix Quail, Frillback and Indian Fantail Pigeons.

July 3rd, 2011, 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Ditto the "grewing up shooting 22", and I only had them to shoot for about three times as long as your lifetime. As set in my ways as I am and intrinsically a " CARR-MUDGEON, I will quickly gravitate to a superior tool, if found to be so when examined. I am slow to give up adequte tool for the sake ok change for changes sake. My ATN is on the 10/22, as for the ranges required to protect my birds, and the round normally sufficient for a well placed hollow point to work.

July 4th, 2011, 8:59 pm
Know It All!
Know It All!

I love my many 10.22s and my buddy builds the triggers for me and they are equal to or superior to anything on the market. Sadly, open ground and places to shoot are rapidly disappearing around here. My old Rem 513T is still my bragging rifle. Been looking several years for a deal on a good bolt .223 but tell then my NEFA Handi rifle will make do.

July 10th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Yeah, ask your buddy how to get a H & R / NEFA trigger to put a smile on my face, please. Barrels with them the great variable - some shot like gems, others will throw a 100 group that looks like you patterned a 410 at 25 yards , all over the paper. I have friends that have purchased and hate for any use other than a back-up boat paddle, others are very good. Mine gives me 3/4" groups at 100 yds so trigger job how do would be gr8

July 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm