It is currently August 29th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Buster the Chicken dog 
Stag
Stag

Post Buster the Chicken dog
At one time not all that long ago I had over 30 hounds and cur dogs. Kind of like the chickens now, hard not to go over board. Hunted 6 nights a week and several days. Proof that my wife loves me, she didnt never bitch once about that. Anyway, health went south so sold all the dogs except one. The black cur dog in the picture. He is 5 year old Falkner Cur and I kept him because he is my buddy. Not only is he a fair coon and squirrel dog, he is a pretty fair yard/compainion dog. I thought I had my yard pretty well predator proof but I was wrong. Not all that long ago I started having major coyote issues. I fixed a run of cable and a chain on the back end of the yard and put Buster on it every evening. He is hell on Coyotes as well it seems. Since I have put him in the yard he has helped me elemanate 3 coyotes and one big stray house cat. I would give him free run of the yard, but he would figure a way to get out and be gone hunting all night. So the run works pretty good in my situation. Guy

August 3rd, 2011, 10:48 am
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Post Re: Buster the Chicken dog
Nice dawg. Any woman that will put up with a roosterman is generally a saint blinded by love, I'd hazard a guess.
I didn't realize that you were from New Jersey, that's a popular expression with them boys.. Now hear me and hear me good, if your health truly went South, you'd be in the prime of your life, Blessed. If it stinks, it plainly went to New Jersey :mrgreen:

August 3rd, 2011, 11:09 am
Stag
Stag

I was going to say my health went to crap, but then people would have thought I was from the east coast :na New Jersey, what did they do with the old one. :ck)) I never thought I would say this, but with the long run of 105 to 115 degree days we have had here, I wouldnt mind being high up in one of them northern states.

August 3rd, 2011, 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Great picture guy

August 3rd, 2011, 11:33 am
Profile E-mail