It is currently October 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Night skunk 
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

Post Night skunk
Last night, my dad experienced his first skunk 'attack.' My dad tried to shoo him away but he/she sprayed, kinda pissed off my dad, grabbed his Hmong blade, chased it down with a flashlight, a slash to the back and then a couple chops to the neck and it's a clean kill. Amazed that he was able to hunt it down at night. But did risk the backyard smelling like skunk. Now I wonder, are they predators to poultry? Or did my dad overeact?

October 10th, 2011, 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

Post Re: Night skunk
They are especialy bad on eggs. They will take a bird if given the chance but don't climb well to get them off the roost. If they are on the ground they are history.

" Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1779

October 10th, 2011, 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

tell pop that use of a garden hose with sufficient pressure will make them go w/o having to burn his clothes. Has your mom let him back in the house yet. LOL :mrgreen:

October 10th, 2011, 1:50 pm
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

poon3r, you're hmong? couldn't help but notice the "hmong blade" part. that shit is legendary lol

October 10th, 2011, 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

Carr wrote:
tell pop that use of a garden hose with sufficient pressure will make them go w/o having to burn his clothes. Has your mom let him back in the house yet. LOL :mrgreen:

She didn't let him in but he went in anyways lol. And took a decent bath but he still stunk. He said when the skunk sprayed him; it was like pepper spray in his eyes. Don't know how the smell is now but yesterday was horrible.

October 10th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

tengher wrote:
poon3r, you're hmong? couldn't help but notice the "hmong blade" part. that shit is legendary lol

Yes I am lol. I was trying to say k-n-i-f-e but it got censored so I used blade lol. But yeah he always carrys around a Hmong k-n-i-f-e. JUST INCASE. : ))

October 10th, 2011, 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

I dont know who faired better, the skunk or your Dad.

October 10th, 2011, 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

finch wrote:
I dont know who faired better, the skunk or your Dad.

I do not know also.

October 11th, 2011, 11:29 am
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

Poon3r wrote:
tengher wrote:

Yes I am lol. I was trying to say k-n-i-f-e but it got censored so I used blade lol. But yeah he always carrys around a Hmong k-n-i-f-e. JUST INCASE. : ))

lol, where you from bro? sounds like a typical hmong old-g to me. They use hmong knives for everything!, literally.

October 11th, 2011, 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

I was born in Thailand, raised in Wisconsin, currently living in Madison. On weekends I help my parents on their farm in New Lisbon - the friendly town. : )) You?

P.S. I'm not an old g. Lol. I'm still a college student with a passion for poultry. My parents though are old gs.

October 11th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail