It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 I NEED YOUR OPINION,WHICH ONE IS THE BEST DOG FOR THE FARM? 
Cockerel
Cockerel

Post Re: I NEED YOUR OPINION,WHICH ONE IS THE BEST DOG FOR THE FARM?
We have had blue heelers in the past. All them things wanted to do is pop car tires and pull the push lawn mower all over the yard. Lol good dogs but they need to be busy all the time. The one we had to get rid of would bit the tractor tire lol. Dad bout ran her over more then once. Lol

December 29th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Stag
Stag

ImageImageThis is sissy.She is of purple ribbon blood lines.Super hunter slightly dog aggressive.Noone comes into the yard without me knowing it.No coon possum or other critter stands a chance.Even seen her try a bear absolutely no fear whatsoever.Took some time to stop her from killing chickens as they are pray motivated and hard headed.Shock collars work wonders.Best dog I ever owned.Yfis RodneyImage

December 30th, 2011, 10:05 am
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Nice Dog..now that what im talking about..apbt

December 30th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Attachment:
Jethro Eli II.jpg
Jethro Eli II.jpg [ 96.66 KiB | Viewed 529 times ]

70lbs of Eli/Maverick blood. Biggest one I've ever owned.

Attachments:
Jethro 12 2010.jpg
Jethro 12 2010.jpg [ 132.88 KiB | Viewed 519 times ]

December 30th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

Nice big log chain your dog carries around Lol

December 31st, 2011, 11:26 am
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Part of responsible dog ownership. It's not as heavy as it looks. And when I'm not home, I don't worry about him getting loose and running amuk. Dog like that will kill another dog in just a few minutes. I don't need any law suits coming my way. He's great with people, just doesn't like other male dogs. Just like a game bred bird.

December 31st, 2011, 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

He looks mean...:)

December 31st, 2011, 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

He looks good to me Just like his chain that is all my Brittany would never move with a chain like that lol

December 31st, 2011, 1:02 pm
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

When I drive up to the property and open the gate he starts jumping, excited to see me. He jumps straight up about 3 feet with that chain attached to him. He's built like a Thoroughbred race horse. Big, fast, and powerful. Jet black with a white blaze. And very well bred.

Last edited by Blacktail on December 31st, 2011, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2011, 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Bull Stag
Bull Stag

Harold4romSenlak wrote:
Two legged predators are the biggest problem of all round here. Being a Carlisle game fancier I don't have as much to worry about but I know the Oxford men locally are tortured by theft.

I really like the gun idea best, think I would fire into the air only though as I know a neigbour who rose with his rifle in the black of night when he heard what he thought were thieves. He called out a few times with the simple warning "Come out or I'll shoot" on hearing no reply he did as he promised. When morning came he went to investigate and discovered his good Patterdale terrier full of holes. Plus I couldn't protect my fowl very well from prison!

My Father in law shot a goose thief about 25 years ago. His farm hasn't seen a single intruder or thief since! The word very quickly gets around and potential thieves soon find an easier target.

As I mentioned before, I would encourage anyone to fire into the air, if that doesn't work you always have plan 'B'

who thinks to fire in the air I was brought up shoot first shoot again and when in doubt shoot some more I dont even say who goes their I fire away and yea word gets out you come round this place you gonna get the led at you lucky im a bad shot if you comeing up at 1 am you better call if you on my hill in my lott I take out half the rooster with my bullets just to get to you when you tearing in cages takes longer then cuteing a tie string as them boys found out we had war war 3 in my yard that night then i called teh law gave a video and went door to door to my birds showed up

Web Site:
http://nixfamilygamefarm.yolasite.com/

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000172737947

December 31st, 2011, 1:53 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next