It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 11:24 pm

Hyderabad Aseels 
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Post Hyderabad Aseels
They are Reza type and I am assuming from the Hyderabad region. Does anyone know if that region was noted for anything in particular? The breeder we purchased our pair from called the color palimino and they throw some henny roosters. I am curious if either is a common hyderabad trait. Any other names for that color?

Hen with 5 new babies

Rooster

June 20th, 2008, 5:05 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Posting Addict
Posting Addict

I have never seen a henny asil, but that doesn't mean there are none out there. I have seen pictures of henny feathered ko-shamos. Do they throw a split wing? As far as reza goes, it can be any breed of asil thet stands 19 inches or smaller when mature. Asils come just about any and every color in the book.

June 20th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Posting Addict
Posting Addict

They look like whites to me from the pictures.

June 20th, 2008, 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

They are mostly white there is a lot of tan in the hen's hackle feathers and it shows up more in the roosters saddle and tail feathers and his hackles are sort of cream. Willem's site has a pic of a henny Asil same place the straight comb Asil pic is. At day 1 it's too early to tell whether anything in this hatch will have the trait but it's a possibility. The rooster's earlier batch out of the black wahl hen looks to have thrown a pure white :D

June 20th, 2008, 7:57 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Chick
Chick

Post About Hyderabad
The origin of the Reza Asil is the north of India (including Pakistan and Bangladesh). Hyderabad is the capital city of the South Indian state Andhra Pradesh. Very typical for southern India are the big Kulang Asil with a weight upto 6 Kg (13.2 Lbs). These big boys are even fought with a large double-edged slasher ***** tied under the foot. Yes, henny-feathered Reza Asil exist too, these are known as "madaroo". Henny-feathered Asil are not seen that much. The color palomino or palimino does not exist (yes, in horses). The male Reza Asil in the picture looks good.

For pictures of large Kulang Asil bred in Hyderabad. See the following link http://www.ganoi.com/photopost/showgall ... ser=107214

Regards, Willem

For additional info see my Asil (Aseel) websites

http://braveheart.asia-gamefowl.net/

http://agsglobal.tripod.com/asilmania/start.htm

June 21st, 2008, 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Thanks Willem. Does the Hyderabad region still have the Reza or is it exclusively Kulang? I am wondering if it is a misnomer to call them Hyderabad. I assume he called them palimino due to the similarity in the cream and tan/gold that the horses have, I just don't know what else to call them color wise.

June 21st, 2008, 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Posting Addict
Posting Addict

A white chicken if left out in the sun will develope brassy spots that may look like an off colored palamino.

June 21st, 2008, 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Chick
Chick

Post No idea about that colour
Hello Fowlafoot,
About the colour, yes I think it is a so called off colour too. But this color pattern is clearly not made by sun radiation. You see a pattern, not random splashes. Lets wait and see how his offspring developes colour-wise. I would not use the name palomino it is confusing. What name would be good to describe this colour. Maybe golden splash ? I looked up lots of colours in poultry but could not find anything matching the colour of that bird. About the Reza Asil.It is not found in very large numbers anymore, even not in northern regions of India (Pakistan & Bangladesh). The majority of all Asil in India are the large Kulang Asil and the more leaner and lighter mediumweight Asil. Speedfights are also in India getting more popular. People dont have the time anymore to sit and watch a game lasting several hours. Modern day Indian cockers adapt rapidly to this situation by breeding large, but more lighter, quicker and agile Asil. Could you post another pic of that bird (more in profile).

Regards, Willem

June 21st, 2008, 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

I couldn't find a color matching theirs either... As for a better profile picture of this one, prariechiken is the camera man around here :) I'll tell him you want a better look and try to get it loaded tomorrow.

June 21st, 2008, 5:48 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Posting Addict
Posting Addict

Hi Willem, I think that is one of the biggest problems we have today, nobody has time for anything. They want instant gratification at every thing. To me the journey is the most exciting part of life. Why put several years of work into something and want it to end in five minutes is beyond me. :shock:

June 21st, 2008, 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail