It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 12:39 pm






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 LHK bloodline 
Author Message
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Posts: 1562
Location: Land of 10,000 Eggs
Post Re: LHK bloodline
Ja8edfyre wrote:
So who brought in the original Pama and Pakoy?

More than likely the Vietnamese, Laotians and Thai..but I believe it was the AG breeders. Because at the time of importation they were breeding for show and strain long before the good lines were imported. Now that there is no longer legal importation, these so called pure Thais or pure any oriental gamefowl is near non existant. Therefore when you hear lines..they are named after Birds that were imported at the time of importation....such as Mongo, Ninja, and Pakoy even Roadrunner. After cross breeding these later became known such as Blue Brazils, Qaib Vaj Pheng, Black Pama so on so forth. And after more cross breedings the T-rex, Pacmans, so on after individual birds that were produced from these original birds.


January 5th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Cockerel
Cockerel

Joined: November 21st, 2011, 9:54 pm
Posts: 138
Post Re: LHK bloodline
nakedheels wrote:
many many years ago when the first pama eggs was imported into F town , the guy who got them share a few with his friend cause the guy who imported the eggs didnt have an incubator ..... this was when the first pama in F town start comming to the shows , they were small ugly looking birds but dont let thier size n look fool you ! afther a few years of taking blue ribbons at the shows everyone just got to have them ,they r pricy cause they got famous n made a name for them selfs ! even i had to get some ! then year go by u see peoples with pama this n pama that ! it was when peoples got thier pama n start putting what ever they think will better the pama n size or style this is when people ruin the pama birds ..... they never was the same no more ,yes some got cold cause of the breeder trying to better the pama for styles or what ever his reason is . some add thai to get the size up but others add shamo i heard n they got big but slow ....bottom line is peoples trying to breed for thier own standards n mess them up ..... and of course i know the name of the guy who imported the first eggs to the state in F town n i aint going to say his name ... :moon


Many of those people you claim that are breeding to meet thier own standards are rookie breeders, they throw everything in expecting a miracle. Careful breeders cull heavily, look carefully and oversee all details before even pairing up some birds.

Now to the guy importing Pama strain into the US from Ftown, he is not the only fellow. There is two breeders in Minnesota and 6 breeders in North Carolina that imported Pama strain into the US. My brother and cousin imported Pakoy into the US in late 90's. There is a older gentlemen in North Carolina that has perhaps the best Pakoys I've seen so far, but after his death, his sons who were not into gamefowl, elimnated the whole stock and his line is all mixed and ruined now. Most birds you see nowadays is a mix of this and a mix of that, but nothing impresses me like the originals.


January 5th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Know It All!
Know It All!

Joined: August 14th, 2009, 4:00 pm
Posts: 3088
Post Re: LHK bloodline
This discussion is both informative and highly entertaining.

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Cutu ... 59?sk=wall


January 5th, 2012, 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Joined: October 2nd, 2010, 9:39 am
Posts: 1446
Post Re: LHK bloodline
Im right where you're at Herb.


January 5th, 2012, 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Posts: 1562
Location: Land of 10,000 Eggs
Post Re: LHK bloodline
jimmyo wrote:
Im right where you're at Herb.
lovesgamebirds wrote:
This discussion is both informative and highly entertaining.

You two shouldnt be surprised...when you talk about Harris and Vipers..It due to the AG breeders that made mixing possible to that I give you two guys much credit. These family lines are still 20 years behind the naming of Birds after Breeders..lol


January 5th, 2012, 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Stag
Stag

Joined: March 9th, 2009, 6:52 pm
Posts: 407
Post Re: LHK bloodline
3SpurHunter wrote:
Ja8edfyre wrote:
So who brought in the original Pama and Pakoy?

More than likely the Vietnamese, Laotians and Thai..but I believe it was the AG breeders. Because at the time of importation they were breeding for show and strain long before the good lines were imported. Now that there is no longer legal importation, these so called pure Thais or pure any oriental gamefowl is near non existant. Therefore when you hear lines..they are named after Birds that were imported at the time of importation....such as Mongo, Ninja, and Pakoy even Roadrunner. After cross breeding these later became known such as Blue Brazils, Qaib Vaj Pheng, Black Pama so on so forth. And after more cross breedings the T-rex, Pacmans, so on after individual birds that were produced from these original birds.

You think the American game breeders brought those birds in?


January 5th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Cock of the Walk
Cock of the Walk

Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Posts: 1562
Location: Land of 10,000 Eggs
Post Re: LHK bloodline
bigrobb wrote:
3SpurHunter wrote:
Ja8edfyre wrote:
So who brought in the original Pama and Pakoy?

More than likely the Vietnamese, Laotians and Thai..but I believe it was the AG breeders. Because at the time of importation they were breeding for show and strain long before the good lines were imported. Now that there is no longer legal importation, these so called pure Thais or pure any oriental gamefowl is near non existant. Therefore when you hear lines..they are named after Birds that were imported at the time of importation....such as Mongo, Ninja, and Pakoy even Roadrunner. After cross breeding these later became known such as Blue Brazils, Qaib Vaj Pheng, Black Pama so on so forth. And after more cross breedings the T-rex, Pacmans, so on after individual birds that were produced from these original birds.

You think the American game breeders brought those birds in?

Reread the quote..AG Breeders, show, and strain..didnt mention anything about them and the good lines...why you dont think so?


January 5th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Stag
Stag

Joined: March 9th, 2009, 6:52 pm
Posts: 407
Post Re: LHK bloodline
I don't understand why I need to reread your "".. I still don't know if you mean the Asian Folks or the ag breeders brought them in. Hahaha and no I don't think it was the ag breeders that brought them.


January 5th, 2012, 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Stag
Stag

Joined: October 1st, 2011, 12:32 am
Posts: 461
Post Re: LHK bloodline
:shut :shut


January 6th, 2012, 12:39 am
Profile E-mail
Stag
Stag

Joined: October 1st, 2011, 12:32 am
Posts: 461
Post Re: LHK bloodline
These so called pure Thais or pure any oriental gamefowl is near non existant? Really? I'm sorry but thats a false statement.


January 6th, 2012, 12:42 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.




Bird TopsitesSpicy TopsitesFauna Top Sites Locations of visitors to this page

Page Rank