It is currently July 10th, 2014, 1:12 am

Old bloodlines I wish I still had... 
Stag
Stag

Post Old bloodlines I wish I still had...
Was reading one of Buckscocks responses, and started recalling some of the old bloodlines that were available back in the day. 4 elderly brothers lived on the same road and all had gamefowl. Mr Tommy had Ark. Traveler Blues, Hammond ordons and Spangle Jarrett Roundheads. Mr Cecil raised for Maurice Cohen and had the best Madigin Clarets I ever saw. Mr. Lewis raised for Billy Abbott, then Roger Roberts. John, the yougest, had Madigin Greys, and I still have these today. Tommys fowl were from his Dad when he fought in the Orlando Tournaments, and still had the stgecoach with the built in stalls that he used. We had never heard of the LK, and Tommys fowl were close bred, never having any new blood bred into them. They wouldnt quit, but didnt have much stamina and brittle bones. You could buy a cock for 5$, and the other brothers were 50$. Boy do I wish I had some of that blood for show crosses now! Before his passing in 86, a man from Tennesee bought a show for the lk at Del Rio, won straight fihts, and bought everything he could raise from then on. A lot of my fowl still carry blood I obtained from John and Cecil. I remember winning 14 derbies in a row with Johns Greys! I still have these and consider them the best grey fowl alive today! But man, Who wouldnt like to have had Tommys old blood that was still game after being bred that close for that many years? Buck, Keep those Goodes of your Dads! Lesson Learned! Old true bloodlines are irreplaceable!

February 7th, 2013, 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail