It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:29 am

RBHatch Fowl 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post RBHatch Fowl
RBHatch Fowl
By Rick Beall 2007

In 1974, I got my first Hatch fowl from the late Harold Brown of Red Fox Farms. Now just to tell you a little history on these fowl that came from Harold Brown, they were 1st class fowl since 1938 and they were best in the World. Mr. Brown obtained McLean Hatch blood directly from Ted McLean for the foundation of his “Pure Red Fox Hatch.” Harold added a slight Lieper influence to the McLean blood to perfect his “Pure Red Fox Hatch.” He told me this when I acquired these fowl directly from him. cocks come 90% pea comb, either dark or lemon hackle and average 5-6 pounds. Hens are either the buff (McLean influence) or darker (Lieper influence.)
I have managed to keep this line going for 33 years now and they are high breaking, hard fighting fowl. For pure hatch fowl, they cut as good as any fowl I have had. We have had much success in crossing these Hatch fowl over with our Black McRae, Lacy Roundhead, and Coon(which were originated back in the 80’s by Curtis Blackwell and Jim Kent), and Mule Train Grey (courtesy of James Everitt, KS). We have now for the first time crossed the Hatches over to our Rampuri Asil (courtesy of Buckey and Gloria Harless) and are extremely pleased so far.
All I can say is ‘Hats off to Mr. Harold Brown’ because these fowl just seem to get better and better. He is a legend and was a great breeder. I wish to give special thanks to Mr. James Everitt for gifting me with the Mule Train Greys and also Buckey & Gloria Harless for the gift of the remainder of the last of their Rampuri Asil line. I couldn’t have accomplished this without them.

God Bless,
YFIS
Rick Beall (rbhatch)

April 28th, 2008, 7:56 am
Profile E-mail WWW